- 2-3 Lbs. oven roast
- 2 cans beef broth (about 4 cups)
- 2 pkgs Lipton Onion Soup mix
- French hoagie or sub rolls (whatever bread you like to do)
- Swiss cheese slices
- Put oven roast in a crock pot. Add beef broth and soup mix.
- Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Shred roast with a fork, then return the shredded beef to the crock pot for a few more minutes (to absorb more of that juicy goodness).
- Slice open the bread and place a good amount of beef on one side (scoop out some of the bread first if you don’t like it really bread-y).
- Place a slice or two of Swiss cheese over the shredded beef and broil for a minute or so until cheese starts to bubble and brown a little.
- Remove from broiler and serve. Use a ladle to scoop out some of the juice from the crock pot and serve as au jus
Recipe & Photo Via Author & Licensed Under CC BY-SA 3.0