Ruby Tuesday’s White Chicken Chili – A Comforting Fusion of Mexican & American Flavors
Over the last few years, White Chicken Chili has become an increasingly popular fusion dish fusing Mexican and American flavors and traditions. While it may not have been invented by Ruby Tuesday, their White Chicken Chili recipe is nonetheless a true favorite in many households.
A delicious blend of savory chicken, white beans, and jalapenos, White Chicken Chili beautifully combines a range of flavors and textures. It delivers a comforting, familiar warmth, while at the same time offering some zesty surprises on the palate. Not only that, but it is surprisingly simple to make with only a few steps to preparation.
This is a dish that is the ideal way to cozy up at the end of the long day – a Mexican-American hybrid that only Ruby Tuesday could create!
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken broth
2 cans white beans
1 can diced tomatoes
3 jalapenos, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, chipotle powder and smoked paprika, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Add the flour and stir, about 1 minute.
5. Add the chicken broth, white beans, tomatoes and jalapenos, and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
7. Stir in sour cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Remove from heat and serve garnished with your favorite toppings – cilantro, avocado, cheese and sour cream are all delicious options! Enjoy!
Ruby Tuesday’s White Chicken Chili is a comforting and flavorful dish that is sure to please many different palates. By blending traditional Mexican ingredients with more familiar continental flavors, it creates a delightful fusion that is sure to satisfy everyone.
Try out this easy-to-make dish on your next chilly evening and it will quickly become a household staple! Serve it up with a warm cornbread and a glass of Mexican beer, and your family will thank you for bringing the flavors of two continents to the dinner table.