Give Your Classic Meatloaf Recipe a Flavorful Upgrade with Chili Sauce
Making a classic, comforting meatloaf can be one of the easiest dishes to cook, but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Give your “go-to” meatloaf recipe a flavorful upgrade by adding some chili sauce. Not only is it incredibly simple to do, it is also guaranteed to bring a punch to the traditional dish or even impress a dinner crowd.
– 1 lb ground beef
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
– 1/2 cup bread crumbs
– 1 cup chili sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Mix until everything is fully incorporated.
4. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and form the meat mixture into a loaf shape in the pan.
5. Top with chili sauce, spreading it evenly to cover the top.
6. Bake for 1 hour, or until the meatloaf is cooked through.
7. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
This particular “twist” to the traditional meatloaf recipe not only adds a different level of flavor, but chili sauce is also rich in essential minerals and vitamins, so you can feel good about serving this dinner to your loved ones. Plus, it’s an easy dish to prepare and one dish to please with everyone in the family. With just one simple ingredient, chili sauce, your classic meatloaf recipe is taken to new heights of tastiness.
You can also try other variations of this recipe. Don’t be afraid to explore new ingredients! Try substituting with a different type of meat, such as ground pork or chicken, or adding some vegetables like carrots or bell peppers. You can also try using different types of sauces like ketchup or teriyaki sauce for an extra burst of flavor.
Making meatloaf doesn’t have to be a dull experience. With a little creativity and a kick of chili sauce, your beefy masterpiece will quickly become a staple in your dinner rotation.