- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
How to make Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to moderate temperature
- Line muffin pan with paper cases
- Place all ingredients in bowl and beat with electric mixer on low until just combined
- Increase speed to medium, beat until mixture has changed to a paler colour
- Divide mixture amongst cases; smooth suface
- Bake for around 20 minutes. Test by inserting skewer, if it comes out clean then the cakes are cooked.
- Ice and decorate as desired. I used basic icing and colorful sugar candies.