This is a surprisingly substantial tomato soup I made with some cherry tomatoes from my garden. It is very rewarding to make a meal from scratch like this and even better when it tastes as good as it does. Make sure you purée your tomatoes with the skin on as it adds more fibre and nutrients and adds to the delightful texture. If you like your soups a little bit sweeter add a pinch of sugar and half a teaspoon of olive oil. If you do not have any cherry tomatoes handy Roma tomatoes make a good substitute.
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 celery sticks, left whole
- 4 cloves garlic, whole and unpeeled
- 5 oz sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Place tomatoes, celery and garlic in a roasting tin then drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook in a preheated oven on 400 degrees F for 1 hour.
- When roasted remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Blend in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and add the sour cream.
- Heat until bubbling then serve.