Experience the Soul of Texas One Bite at a Time: Traditional Chicken Spaghetti
For Texans, there is nothing more welcoming than a plate of chicken spaghetti. Loaded with flavors of the state, it’s the perfect combination of Italian-style spaghetti and the South’s infamous chicken. This delicious and comforting dish is a great addition to any meal, and can really bring soul to the table.
As this traditional dish is one of the most beloved classics in Texas, it’s no wonder that it has become a staple in the hearts of Texans. With just the right combination of herbs, spices, and smoky seasonings, this Texas chicken spaghetti is sure to please anyone’s taste buds. From its vibrant flavors to its rustic textures, this dish will have you coming back for seconds.
– 2 lbs. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
– 1 tsp. olive oil
– 1 small onion, diced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 bell peppers, diced
– 4 oz. can diced green chilies
– 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
– 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
– 2 tsp. chili powder
– 1 tsp. cumin
– 1 tsp. paprika
– 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 8 oz. spaghetti, cooked
– 1/2 cup shredded cheese
– Chopped cilantro, for topping
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion, garlic and bell peppers until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add green chilies, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper.
4. Stir in chicken, chicken broth and cooked spaghetti.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped cilantro for taste.
This classic dish is guaranteed to be a hit. Its zesty flavors and comforting textures will have you coming back for more. Not only that, but this easy-to-make and budget-friendly recipe can feed a party of family and friends. Give this dish a try and celebrate the flavors of Texas in your own home.
If you’re looking for similar recipes, try out Mexican-style chicken spaghetti or Baked Chicken Parmesan. These heartwarming dishes bring a lot of flavor to the table and will make any meal feel special.