- 1/2 cup of clean pistachio nuts;
- 1/2 cup of clean almonds or hazelnuts;
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar;
- 3/4 cup melted butter;
- 1 cup of milk;
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 spoonful of baking powder
- Clean the pistachio nuts removing their outer and inner shells so you are left with a clean nut.
- Rinse the nuts, for a few seconds, in boiling water to remove that reddish skin, which is around them.
- Repeat the same procedure for the almonds or hazelnuts.
- Grind them with a grinder or food processor until fine.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with sugar and icing sugar.
- Add to the mixture the melted butter, the ground nuts, the milk, and mix well.
- Add the all-purpose flour and baking powder to the mixture.
- Put the mixture in a baking-pan and bake it for about 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Enjoy for breakfast, brunch or dessert with ice cream 🙂