Welcome to Grandma’s House: Old Fashioned M&M Cookie Recipe
Ah childhood nostalgia… Many of us have fond memories of “Grandma’s House”; discovering her ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies, the smell of an apple pie baking in the oven, the gentle patter of rain coming down on the rooftop.
Today, we will be taking a stroll down memory lane and pay homage to the sweet and savory treats that capture our hearts and linger in our taste buds. Enter, the Old Fashioned M&M Cookie.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup M&M’s candy, divided
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, salt and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and egg.
- Add in the flour and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the M&M’s candy.
- Form the dough into tablespoon size balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball slightly with your palm.
- Top each cookie with remaining M&M’s candy and gently press them into the cookie dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This Old Fashioned M&M Cookie recipe is the ultimate childhood treat. Not only is it ooey-gooey good, but it redolent with treasured childhood memories. With its unique combination of buttery brown sugar sweetness and salty M&Ms, this cookie is the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
Part of the magic in this recipe is the way the chocolate is infused throughout the cookie. Its chocolatey chunks are its crowning glory, lending an exciting burst of flavor as it hits your tongue.
If you enjoyed this classic treat and are looking for something a bit more variety, try our Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies for an indulgent twist on this beloved cookie. Or if you’re feeling more adventurous, try our Derby Day Chocolate Chip Blondies for something a bit more decadent. However you choose to enjoy something sweet, this Old Fashioned M&M cookie is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Enjoy!