This recipe is loaded with so many vegetables I feel like I am getting healthier every time I eat it. Despite the bad rap the Middle East has gotton in recent time I rerally think we should be grateful they shared this wonderful salad with us. Anyways. This recipe takes a little time to put together but it is really refreshing and like I said extremely healthy. It’s a nice simple, light and flavorful recipe you can eat as a meal in itself or with together with a main. The lemon juice gives you a nice detox too. Serve with a nice whole grain pita bread. Stay healthy ladies and lets hope we all lose weight in the new year. I know this salad is going to help me do just that.
- Place the scallions, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, parsley, mint, and basil in a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing gently to coat all the vegetables.
- Add the feta, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss gently.
- Serve the salad with the toasted pita bread.