With its unique combination of flavors and seasonings, this Mexican Meatloaf Recipe With Salsa is an amazing dish to add to your culinary repertoire. This hearty meal incorporates the bold zest of Mexican cuisine, yet can be prepared in the comfort of your own kitchen.
This crowd-pleasing recipe uses ground beef, salsa, and a blend of spices and seasonings to achieve a restaurant-worthy meal without all the hassle. Perfect for special occasions or a weeknight dinner, this Mexican-inspired meatloaf is both delicious and easy to make.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped onion
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl combine ground beef, onion, salsa, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, breadcrumbs, and egg.
3. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan and place mixture into the maple syrup pan. Using a spatula or your hands, form the mixture into a loaf.
4. Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until internal temperature registers 165 degrees F.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
This Mexican Meatloaf is truly a unique and delicious dish. The robust combination of beef and spices creates a bold flavor that is heightened by the mild yet zesty salsa. The tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce bring a complex depth of flavor that is balanced by the more subtle taste of the onions and garlic powder. And while this recipe is a classic example of Mexican cuisine, it also utilizes traditional meatloaf elements, making it both familiar and exciting.
Try this Mexican Meatloaf Recipe With Salsa as an interesting alternative to your go-to recipes. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, fresh salad, or Mexican rice — however you choose, you are sure to enjoy this dish’s bold flavor and tantalizing aroma.