Welcome to a culinary adventure that celebrates Philly’s trademark dish – Chicken Philly! This classic recipe combines juicy, tender chicken with the satisfying kick of Worcestershire sauce to create an irresistible meal. It’s easy to make, yet totally mouthwatering, and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Chicken Philly Recipe with Worcestershire Sauce
• 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 green bell pepper
• 1 cup thinly-sliced yellow onion
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• Hoagie roll
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 cup chicken broth
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Slice the bell pepper into thin strips and layer it over the chicken breasts.
4. Add the onion and garlic to the dish and pour the chicken broth over everything.
5. Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce on top of the chicken.
6. Place the butter in dots on top of the chicken and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cooked through.
7. When ready, slice the chicken into thin strips and layer them on top of a warm hoagie roll.
This Chicken Philly recipe is a tribute to Philadelphia and its beloved immigrant communities who’ve made this city and its food culture so vibrant. The key to this recipe is the Worcestershire sauce, which adds a bold, slightly tart, and unmistakably delicious undertone to the dish. Layer the browned chicken, peppers and onions atop a chewy hoagie roll for a comforting sandwich that’s sure to please your whole family.
If you love Chicken Philly, why not try out some other classic Philly recipes? From cheesesteaks and hoagies to soft pretzels and crab fries, Philadelphia has a cornucopia of regional dishes that are just begging to be explored!