Introducing Chef Gras Meatloaf: Your Best Comfort Food
Do you delve into nostalgic comfort every now and then when you’re craving something warm and hearty? A wonderful dish introduced to me by my grandmother was Chef Gras Meatloaf, a savoury blend of juicy meats, aromatic herbs, and tantalising spices. I’ve sampled my share of meatloaf, but Chef Gras’ unique take on the classic recipe stands out for its robust flavours and unmistakable soul.
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 package Italian sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian-style panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, Italian sausage, eggs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic, parsley, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick aluminum foil. Grease lightly with olive oil.
- Shape the meat mixture into a 9-inch loaf and place on the baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the meatloaf with ketchup and bake for 45 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 degrees F.
- Let the meatloaf rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Chef Gras Meatloaf is one of those recipes that bring your favorite ingredients together in a way that is easy and inviting. There is a unique blend of Italian influences layered within the dish, from the Italian sausage and panko breadcrumbs, to the parmesan cheese and fresh herbs. As with any classic, personal touches make all the difference. So if you’re feeling creative, add some of your own favorite seasoning and spices to the mix.
For a perfectly moist and flavourful meatloaf, find the right balance between the ground meats and binder ingredients. If you’re looking for something that’s equally delicious without the meat, try substituting the ground turkey and sausage with mushrooms and lentils, or a combination of your favorite vegetables and grain.
Chef Gras Meatloaf is sure to be a hit with all palates. Give the classic family favorite a modern twist and create amazing meals with ease.