Now, this is my take on Spicy Crab Pasta. A relatively lighter and mildly spicy version. In fact, this is my favorite. It’s a simple sauté of onion, garlic, fresh tomatoes, parsley with the addition of red pepper flakes and a small portion of chili garlic sauce for added flavor and interest. As with any other seafood dish, freshly squeezed lemon juice was added to balance out & brighten up the flavors of the dish. As for my pasta cut of choice for this light pasta dish, which is ideal for spring/summertime weather (perfect for any time of year, in my opinion), I thought spaghettini cut fits the bill.
- cooked crabmeat (about 2 T)
- 1/2 small spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- fresh parsley, chopped (about 1 T)
- 1/4 t chili garlic sauce
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 lb spaghettini noodles (or any cut of choice)
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Add cooked crabmeat.
- Add red pepper flakes to taste
- Add chili garlic sauce,parsley & lemon juice
- Add a small amount of hot water from the pasta
- Diced tomatoes would come last as I prefer them not to be fully cooked in this recipe
- Toss cooked spaghettini in sauce.
- Add cheese if desired.