For the Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 package (approx 1.5 lbs) of skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 package (approx 1.5 lbs) of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Buns (slider or regular)
- Blue Cheese Sauce (recipe below)
For the Blue Cheese Sauce
- Adjust quantities based on how strong you would like the blue cheese flavor and how much dip you want to make, I made extra for cut up carrots and celery.
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Carrots & Celery, optional for dipping
- Stir together buffalo wing sauce, barbecue sauce, chicken broth, and garlic until well combined.
- Add chicken to slow cooker, pouring sauce on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Before chicken is done cooking, stir together blue cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, and green onions.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred it up, it should fall apart very easily. I use my potato masher, it works really well and I don’t have to take the chicken out of the slow cooker. Just be careful not to scratch up your slow cooker.
- Once chicken is shredded place shredded chicken on bun and spread blue cheese sauce on top side of bun. Enjoy!