- 1 large onion
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Lots of black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Canola Oil
- Slice onion very thin. Place in a baking dish and cover with buttermilk for at least one hour.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Grab a handful of onions, throw into the flour mixture, tab to shake off excess, and PLUNGE into hot oil.
- Fry for a few minutes and remove as soon as golden brown.
- Repeat until onions are gone.