- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 cup milk ( skim or soy )
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- a handful of walnuts or pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Combine the oats and the milk in a mixing bowl, cover and let stand about 30 minutes.
- Add bran flakes and raisins, let stand 10 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Add cinnamon, sweetener, walnuts or pistachios.
- Arrange the sliced apples into a lightly greased baking pan, pour the apple juice over the apples and cover with the prepared mixture.
- Bake about 15 – 20 minutes.