This is really a very easy and delicious recipe for crispy fried chicken. If you love crispy chicken with a hint of lemon then this is the recipe for you. Enjoy.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Dry Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg / beaten
- 1 oz Plain Flour
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Fresh thyme herb
- Piri Piri seasoning
- Salt n Pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Prepare your seasoned breadcrumbs by mixing the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, fresh thyme, and the piri piri seasoning together. ( You can pick and choose any herb combination you prefer, but if you want to use soft herbs like basil it’s best to use dried. In this recipe the piri piri seasoning gave the chicken a really nice spicy kick.)
- Skin and pound the chicken breasts till thin.
- Lightly season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, and then dust them with flour.
- Dip the floured chicken breasts in the beaten egg and finish by coating them in the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- A good glug of olive oil in a hot frying pan and saute the escalopes till golden brown – this takes aprox 2min on each side.
- Leave the cooked chicken breasts on some fresh kitchen towel for few minutes to drain, then move them to a baking tray.
- Put them in the oven to cook for further 5 min.
- Slice the chicken into strips and serve with a nice salad.