The whole family loved this recipe and asked to have it again. I marinated the chicken overnight and cooked it on the BBQ. The following day I served the left-overs cold and they were a hit too. I love how it is so easy and uses ingredients that I always have available in the pantry/fridge.
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Indian curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cup low fat plain yoghurt
- Using a sharp knife cut the chicken breasts into fillets approximately 1.5 cm thick.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and place to one side.
- Mix together next nine ingredients in a bowl.
- Add yoghurt and mix well.
- Coat the chicken fillets completely with the tandoori mixture. Cover the bowl and place into
- the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat grill or frypan and cook chicken, turning frequently and basting with extra tandoori
- mix during the process.
- Chicken is ready when the juice runs clear